Features & Benefits
- Very low power consumption, light weight, and small form factor.
- Slide-switch for powering Shimmer on/off.
- Connects via local storage with a microSD card.
- 24MHz MSP430 CPU.
- Internal and External connectors for expansion and interfacing with third party sensors.
- Best data quality - Integrated altimeter and 9DoF inertial sensing via accelerometer, gyroscope, and magnetometer, each with selectable range.
- Integrated motion processor for on-board 3D orientation estimation.
- 5 coloured LEDs across 2 locations to indicate device status and operating mode.
- Choose between low noise accelerometer, wide range accelerometer, or both.
- Integrated Li-ion battery management.
- JTAG debugging mode available.
- Expansion header for alternative radio.
All signals can be measured simultaneously and in real-time. With our ConsensysPRO software data can be streamed for live visualization, while raw data can also be logged to an SD card and accessed.
All development kits come equipped with the necessary accessories (straps, leads, electrodes, etc.) you need for your development. For a complete breakdown of what each kit contains please see the specs tab below. Now available for one to fifteen Shimmer3 IMU sensors depending on the number of devices you require. Larger kits available on request.
Both logging data to your Shimmer's SD card and streaming via Bluetooth are now supported by Consensys. Shimmer firmware is available open source on Github.
The Consensys hardware Base works with the Shimmer3 Kinematic and Biophysical sensors including ECG, EMG, Galvanic Skin Response, Optical Pulse and Heart Rate and which boast unrivaled performance levels and processing power. In developing the Consensys Hardware Base, we focused on adding value to your data collection process. The Base provides for the simultaneous management of all your Shimmer Sensors including charging, firmware updates, configuring sensors, retrieving and processing logged data.
Shimmer Embedded Features
- Wireless and robust body worn sensors.
- Raw and clinically relevant output of inertial and biophysical data, simultaneously.
- Clear status and activity indication.
- Accurate inter-sensor synchronization.
- Synchronization with complimentary systems via real-time clock configuration.
- Quick snap straps for rapid set up.
- Simple and intuitive unified graphical software for Windows.
- Downstream USB port for dock chaining and future peripherals.
- Designed for ease of use in research projects, repeatable clinical trials, system integration and product development.
This product provides developers with a comprehensive tool-set to support rapid design prototyping and implementation of wireless solutions based on the state of the art Shimmer3 platform.