Features & Benefits
Based on programmable Shimmer EMG unit with versatile range of uses:
- Measure physiological data, like EMG or ECG, along with kinematic data from the Shimmer3 IMUs and altimeter.
- Measure two channels of EMG data with a common reference electrode.
- Best data quality - Integrated altimeter and 9DoF inertial sensing via accelerometer, gyroscope and magnetometer, each with selectable range.
- Five-wire, four-lead ECG solution, measuring bipolar limb leads and user's choice of V1 - V6.
- Software configurable right-leg drive for common-mode interference rejection.
- Software configurable amplifier gain and data rate.
- Respiration demodulation capability on-chip.
- Lead-off detection capability on-chip.
- Test signal on-chip for validation purposes.
- EEPROM storage device enables expansion board detection and identification, as well as 2032 bytes of data storage available to user.
All development kits come equipped with the necessary accessories (straps, leads, electrodes, etc.) you need for your development. For a complete breakdown of what each kit contains please see the specs tab below.
Our Consensys software application is available in two versions, ConsensysPRO and ConsensysBASIC. ConsensysBASIC is free to all Shimmer users, while a single license for ConsensysPRO is available for $275.
The features of ConsensyPRO and ConsensysBASIC are outlined below.
Both logging data to your Shimmer's SD card and streaming via Bluetooth are now supported by Consensys. Shimmer firmware is available open source on Github.
The Consensys hardware Base works with the Shimmer3 Kinematic and Biophysical sensors including ECG, EMG, Galvanic Skin Response, Optical Pulse and Heart Rate and which boast unrivaled performance levels and processing power. In developing the Consensys Hardware Base, we focused on adding value to your data collection process. The Base provides for the simultaneous management of all your Shimmer Sensors including charging, firmware updates, configuring sensors, retrieving and processing logged data.
Shimmer Embedded Features
- Wireless and robust body worn sensors.
- Raw and clinically relevant output of inertial and biophysical data, simultaneously.
- Clear status and activity indication.
- Accurate inter-sensor synchronization.
- Synchronization with complimentary systems via real-time clock configuration.
- Quick snap straps for rapid set up.
- Simple and intuitive unified graphical software for Windows.
- Downstream USB port for dock chaining and future peripherals.
- Designed for ease of use in research projects, repeatable clinical trials, system integration and product development.
This product provides developers with a comprehensive tool-set to support rapid design prototyping and implementation of wireless solutions based on the state of the art Shimmer3 platform.